Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What percentage of your income goes towards your mortgage payments?

If you don't mind my asking, I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable percent of my income is to be going towards a mortgage payment. My partner and I make around $6500 gross monthly, and I'm wondering what percent of that we could reasonably spend on a mortgage without getting in over our heads. We have no other debt, but have normal bills like utilities and car insurance. If you don't mind could you please give me an idea of what you earn and what you put towards your mortgage? Or what percent of your gross income goes towards your mortgage payments?





Thanks so much!What percentage of your income goes towards your mortgage payments?
we are at a little less than 1/3.What percentage of your income goes towards your mortgage payments?
The 30% should include mortgage, taxes, fees, insurance, and maintenance of the property. Utilities do not count as part of the 30%.
The rule of thumb is 30% of your take home, or 40% of your gross. Remember that the interest and proprty taxes (most of your payment in the first years) is tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment