Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Help me find the information on if a mortgage company can force you to insure your home to loan value?

I know there is a law that was passed that stops mortgage companies from forcing home owners to insure their homes to loan value instead of the appraised value. I used to have a copy of that document that I would use when I went up against the mortgage companies, but I can't find it. Can anyone help?Help me find the information on if a mortgage company can force you to insure your home to loan value?
I would check in your loan package and see the documents that you signed relating to the requirement to carry insurance. I trust that you are talking about about hazard (home owner's) insurance, rather than mortgage insurance. It is certainly typical that the lender wants you to have insurance to cover the amount of the loan. If the home is destroyed in a fire or other tragedy, they obviously want to have the amount that is owed to them paid by the insurance policy.





Best of luck!Help me find the information on if a mortgage company can force you to insure your home to loan value?
If you would have had 2o% downpayment, you would not have to had ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment