Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How can I change a typo on my mortgage that I filed with the county records department?

I switched the names for the mortgagor and the mortgagee. The records department is telling me I need to get an attorney involved and a title company that there is no ';easy fix.'; Can't I just rerecord my mortgage the correct information?How can I change a typo on my mortgage that I filed with the county records department?
the title agent as a course of doing business has you sign a document that allows them to make these changes if there are errors in any document. So just call them and request the change be made and they will do it. Now just so you know they will need the file number off your settlement statement so have that at the ready when you call them.


I am a mortgage banker in Tn %26amp; KYHow can I change a typo on my mortgage that I filed with the county records department?
I am not clear on why you are recording your own mortgage and not having a title company do it, but assuming arguendo that you are responsible for it, then yes, I'd rerecord and make a clear statement in the new document that it is being re-recorded to correct the error in the original mortgage.
You would file a ';corrected'; deed of trust. The County Recorder has the guidelines. Usually you don't need an attorney for a typo like this.


Or you re-do the entire mortgage and have a notary handy. The new mortgage would have an explanation of why it was replacing the ';old'; one..

No comments:

Post a Comment